Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Thursday, February 20, 2014

It Really Is Grace







"Doing What God Wants?" — WJD! for 02/20/2014

"Every person that does evil hates the light. That person will not come to the light. Why? Because then the light will show all the bad things he has done. But the person that follows the true way comes to the light. Then the light will show that the things that person has done were done through God." — John 3:20-21 (ERV)

Key Thought:

A life dedicated to God comes to his Light. A person living this kind of life doesn't fear judgment or rejection or truth. Falsehood, dishonesty, sinfulness, greed... all can be addressed through the lens of grace when those seeking righteousness come to the light. So the question you and I face each day is very simple: Do I gladly come to the Light to let God show me his grace in ways that allow me to see my sinfulness, shallowness, and selfishness and be transformed? My desire to open my life to the Light of God's truth and holiness reveals my desire to do what is right. My reluctance reveals how the power of sin has begun to edge its way into my life and my heart.


Today's Prayer:

Almighty Father, God of holiness and grace, search me and try me and convict me of my sin. I want to be holy and blameless, not just by your gift of grace, but also through the sanctifying power of your Spirit at work to transform me to be more like Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.
 

SIN

We are sinful people and these days nobody wants to acknowledge it. Everyone wants to think they are good and because of this all people will go to heaven or at least end up not existing anymore. That is a pleasant thought but, unfortunately, it is not true. How do you prove it? You can't. There needs to be a fear of the unknown and that fear should push us towards God in hope that He does exist and there is a heaven and that the only way into heaven is through the acknowledging of the fact that we are sinful and in need of a Savior. 

The path to salvation is very simple and easy but it is very, very narrow allowing only for salvation through Jesus Christ. Do we need to change ourselves before seeking this path? No, we just need to acknowledge our sinfulness and seek God. It is impossible for us to change ourselves but we can understand that we are sinful and that we need to repent and make amends for the wrong we have done. Jesus will change us. We come to Him just as we are with all of our doubt, repent for our wrong doing, accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior over our lives and Jesus will make us like Him. When we do this and fully seek Jesus we will change and understand the mystery of Scripture. 

Need Jesus? Check out my Have Jesus page. There is an explanation of salvation and a what you need to do section. You don't need to carry on in hurt and pain for there is a way to peace. The only peace that comes through the Living God, Jesus Christ. 

1 Peter 3:10-12 ESV
For
“Whoever desires to love life
and see good days,
let him keep his tongue from evil
and his lips from speaking deceit;
let him turn away from evil and do good;
let him seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
and his ears are open to their prayer.
But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

Need to talk about it? Email me I would be happy to help you understand. 

 
Blessings,
<><

6 comments:

  1. You nailed it. No one wants to be wrong or held accountable for their weaknesses and choices. Seeking God shows us the reality of our sinfulness. I marvel at the ones who say "I'm a good person so I'll go to heaven." I have to ask those folks, "What's good enough?"

    If a person has the authority to claim what is "good" enough to land them a spot in heaven then they don't need to worry about death. After all, they must be as powerful as God above, if they can define and make the call in their lives about what's good enough to get to heaven, they can just speak their souls and physical life to live forever.

    If they don't have the authority to speak their souls and bodies live forever then they don't have the authority to define what's good enough to get to heaven!!!!!

    Our Father will not be mocked! I pray for the lost of our society and country. I pray for revival. Thanks for the inspiring post. You got my heart going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Floyd,
      Thanks. I love Heartlight devotionals and this one just inspired me mainly because this is what is on my heart. Sharing the true Gospel.
      Quite a few years ago as I was taking the kids to their Bible study group, my son said to me something along the lines of I only like the new Christianity not the old stuff! I was really taken back on that and it really put me into my Berean mode and noticed that my kids were learning Scripture with a small twist on New Age stuff. I tell you my hackles were up and they were pulled from that group and set back on the right path. They were leaning that God was love and that Jesus forgives all BUT the whole sin concept was not being shared. How can we know God is good unless we know that we are sinful? It was a slippery slope and it would have only been a matter of time before they were following a false Jesus.

      Father will not be mocked! Agree!! I stand in agreement with your prayers for our society and our countries. Revival!! I yearn for that.

      Blessings brother, thanks for commenting.
      <><

      Delete
  2. Hi coG,
    for some reason I (Brenda on lighthousevision blog)am having a problem posting comments and I am coming up as anonymous. Your post is great and I say Amen to your prayer.. Do not know enough about blogger problems to solve it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, it's Brenda. I don't know if my comment problem has been solved. I shall wait and see if it comes up on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi coG,
    I don't know if any comments from me have come up on your post but I have been having trouble publishing comments. i think it was because I came off Google Chrome. I have gone back on now. Your post is really good, and I say Amen to your prayer. I love the way that if we turn the word 'evil' around we get 'live'. It speaks loudly concerning our repentance
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,
      I'm not sure what happened to cause you this problem, but as you can see all three of your comments came up as you and not anonymous. Sometimes coming off of your web browser can do that and I am figuring that is probably what happened to you.

      Heartlight always gives good daily devotions and often I glean so much from them. This one, however, was already resting heavy on my heart so it was no problem for me to add to it.

      Love the twist on evil! I don't think I have noticed that one before. :)

      Blessings hon, I hope you don't have anymore issues.

      <><

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><