Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Friday, August 3, 2018

Corporate Prayer

Matthew 18:19-20

"Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”



Google Image
When trouble looms around us the first thing we should do is pray and there is nothing more powerful than corporate prayer, the prayer of agreement, which is when two or more people come together and agree with God's Word that a specific thing will be done. Being together in unity under the bond of the blood of Jesus enables a puissant advocate, Holy Spirit, to move in a mighty way causing miracles that would not happen if we prayed by ourselves.



Google Image


A wonderful example from Scripture is 2 Chronicles 20:1-30 when Jehoshaphat found out that a vast army was coming against him from Edom, he inquired of the Lord and called a fast for all of Judah and the people came together to seek after God and support their king in prayer. God answered through a prophet giving him the strategy needed to conquer the army, which, by the way, the Lord dealt with by having them turn against each other in massive confusion and Judah's army triumphed without shooting a single arrow or drawing a sword and without suffering casualty.



Another example from Acts 12:5-18 is when Peter was in prison and the church prayed earnestly together with one like mind for Peter. Peter being set free went to tell the church but the servant girl, Rhoda, was overjoyed that she left Peter outside knocking on the door and as she explained to the others that he was outside they disbelieved her saying it was only his angel. 

How often do we doubt God and the power He gives to us through prayer? How often do we allow the enemy to deceive us through unbelief? These examples should encourage us to gather together on a regular basis to pray earnestly for the many concerns that we see in our lives, the lives of our family, friends and the great needs and concerns of our community and country. God does answer prayer we need only to seek His face, pray, trust and obey. 

Trusting in Him!
<><

7 comments:

  1. Hi child of God,
    I believe absolutely that there is power in prayer. That Word has the power to bring into existence that which does not exist. Sometimes we are tested to prove God's word true by waiting, as there is a time to heal and it is not always immediately, but if we put our trust in the Lord He will bring us through those trials which always strengthen us and fulfil His promises which are always YES in Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi child of God,
    I thought I had left a comment here a while back, but it looks like I was mistaken. I agree totally with corporate prayer, as stated in the Bible and my friend and myself have both been doing this ever since we have been born again of God's Spirit. Although I have moved to Ireland after spending over thirty years with my friend in Wales, I have experienced a miracle and other healings, learning more and more to trust in that living Word spoken to me as I continue my journey with the Lord, and continue to pray with my friend over the phone. My friend has also had healings through prayer.
    Time and distance mean nothing to the Lord.
    God bless, nice to see you back blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, I am so sorry! You did leave a comment and I just hadn't yet published it. I apologize for that. The prayer ministry has been very busy and I have been slacking on the blogging end.
      Thank you for stopping by and for leaving two comments. :) Time and distance is not a factor to the Lord!! When a heart is righteous He hears and acts upon the request. He is always faithful to act.

      Blessings dear sister.
      <><

      Delete
  3. Amen Child of God. The unity of faith is based on Jesus and our faith in Him, not in our individual “powers” to effect Him to do something for us. When our unity is based truly on Truth, His power and His Spirit is unleashed and things that we thought were impossible, are indeed possible. He loves us and will not withhold things that He knows we need, but He tells us to “ask, seek, knock” and promised that if we join together in the asking, He will answer ( however, sometimes it takes time to prepare us for His answer) ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    I love how you said, 'sometimes it takes time to prepare us for His answer.' That's so spot on! I will have to minister that quote to some of the people I pray with at the prayer tent.
    We have no power at all but all of it belongs to Jesus Christ and the work He did on the cross and in His grace He gave it to us to use to bring honour and glory to His name. I find that so humbling.

    Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving sister,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been said that power is always in answer to prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><