Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beatitudes

Google Image
Many people who come to Christ believe they will be delivered from all of their troubles. This is not so, He will provide deliverance while in trouble.

John 16:33 NIV

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

Psalm 91:1-2 NIV

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
   will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
   my God, in whom I trust.” 

God does not give us a conquering life, but He gives us life as we rise above the situation. If you want your body to become strong you need to exercise it.  It is the strain of the exercise that strengthens the muscles. It is almost the same with your spirit. The more you exercise your spirit, first by reading God's word, then stepping out in faith in obedience to His word, the stronger your spirit will become. The difference between exercising your body and exercising your spirit is the body will become exhausted but the spirit will only become stronger and will never tire. 

When we stay in God's word and in the center of God's will then when trials and tribulation come He will provide all that we will need to overcome the situation. It is when we wander from His will that we will fall flat on our face. I know, I have fallen many times and I have found that it is not only safe in the center of His will but it is also very rewarding. 

Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Where is this hope and future? In heaven.  Christians are citizens of heaven not of this earth. When you give your life to Christ you give up the earthly way and take on God's way.

Philippians 3:19-21 NIV

Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body. 

God will make a way when there seems like there is no way. Keep the faith, trust in Him and stay in the center of His will by reading and then obeying His word. 







Matthew 5:3-12 NIV
“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
   for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  
Blessed are those who mourn,

   for they will be comforted.  
Blessed are the meek,

   for they will inherit the earth.  
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

   for they will be filled.  
Blessed are the merciful,

   for they will be shown mercy.  
Blessed are the pure in heart,

   for they will see God.  
Blessed are the peacemakers,

   for they will be called children of God.  
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
   for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
“Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Blessings,
<>< 

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. My poem written today has a similar message. Thank you for your work for the Lord your prayers and your list so that we may pray with you and bring strength and comfort to those in need. I love your blog and I am so glad God has placed you on my path. Love hugs and prayers Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia,
    I am very thankful that we have the privilege to pray for people and that there are people who will pray. :)
    Thanks for praying along with me.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweet Child of God,
    Yes!! I completely agree with you. When we exercise our body, after a while we become exhausted. But, when we exercise our spirit as Christians, we become stronger and stronger all the time. Our spirit also need food for the spirit, and water for the spirit. Our daily nourishment for our spirit is the word of God in the Scriptures. Thank you for sharing your exquisite wisdom with the world, Child of God!! You are a super friend. Our dear Lord keeps blessing you with His Light, and all those you love!! All the best.
    In God's Garden,
    Poet Starry Dawn.
    Thanksforthegiftoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Starry Dawn,

    You too are a dear friend and I love hearing from you. This wisdom I share is not mine but God's! I could never come up with this stuff, it is just too good. :)

    I pray our Father will bless you with His love and His light too.

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing on this. Someone at work shared the same thing a couple of days ago, and I was just as appreciative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JBR,
    When I am down I love reading or recalling to mind the Beatitudes. How cool that this was shared with twice! :)

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Child of God,
    I really like the analogy of exercising the muscles and the spirit. Our Lord had led me to many of these scriptures during the past month as I walked through the valley with Him. Thank you for praying for me this past week & thank you for your comment on my blog today..(I added another post you may be interested in by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Never Forsaken,

    I will check out your new post. Still praying for you. :)

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Child of God,
    Very good post and scripture references. Jesus did not promise, come to me and have a easy problem free life. But He did promise to preserve us from every evil work and preserve us for His heavenly kingdom.
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ken,
    What wonderful promises we are given! To think we are adopted children of the King; royalty!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  11. "...the body will become exhausted but the spirit will only become stronger and will never tire. "

    Love this line, Child of God!
    So very true. It never ceases to amaze me how much strength I gain whenever I deliberately immerse myself in God's word.
    Thank you for this encouragement.
    Blessings,
    Vilisi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vilisi,

    Me too, the more I read God's word the stronger my spirit becomes. Although I would love to claim that line, I can't. I read that in a devotional and thought, "yes, this makes total sense."

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post Child of God.
    Jesus never promises a problem free life, in fact just the opposite. He said "in this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer,I have overcome the world."
    Blessings,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ken,
    Even in trials, when you have Jesus those trials, even though tough, can turn into such a blessing.

    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><