Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Living in the Realm of the Spirit

Romans 8:5-8 NIV
Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.


Romans 8:9-11 NIV
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you.

I'm linking up with Barbie for The Weekend Brew. 


Please keep Easton in your prayers as he has a lot of fluid around his lungs that the doctors have been removing with a water pill. He is scheduled to have a tracheotomy on Monday, please keep him in your prayers. Thanks!!

Blessings,
<><

14 comments:

  1. When I read that familiar verse today, I saw something new that brought light to my heart. The carnal mind is not able to please our Pappa God even if we want to! It just does not have the ability! Thank you.
    Much love XX
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mia,
      Thank you for sharing. Nothing we do under the law can please Daddy, only Jesus' pure sacrifice does that. It's so wonderful, really, we don't have to do a thing but believe and accept the free gift.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  2. I was reading portions of Romans today in my devotions. Your photo and verse is great! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my photo and verse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth,
      Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  3. Amen to those lovely scriptures, and Lord we continue to look to You for Easton's welfare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda,

      Thank you for your continued prayers. Things are not looking good for sweet Easton and we need to keep on praying for him.

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  4. love this post and prayers for Easton!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer,
      Thank you hon, Easton is in need of a lot of prayer.

      <><

      Delete
  5. and what a gift the Spirit is!!!!!!!
    prayers for Easton and all children who are having surgery today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annmarie,
      I totally agree, the Holy Spirit is a might wonderful gift indeed!

      Thanks for your continued prayers for Easton and the others.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
    2. ~Praying for Easton~

      Just like Mia, I noticed the same thing about this verse (for the first time).
      It is not possible to please God...probably because without having the spirit of Christ indwelling we can only try to do so with our own righteousness; (though we would not have a desire to please God anyway)..it requires His righteousness to please the Father. Ours is but filthy rags until we are washed in the blood of Jesus!

      Delete
    3. Hi Lisa,
      Great insight!! It is the righteousness of the Father that makes what we do good. It is our motive, what is driving us to do these good works? Are we doing it for self or are we doing it to please and honour Father. We can only honour Father when we are sanctified with Jesus because if we do not have Jesus then God cannot look on us because of the sin that we carry.

      Romans is so deep and I am always discovering another bit of information every time I read it.

      Blessings hon,
      <><

      Delete
  6. Hi Child of God, These are powerful verses you shared with us. I have been thinking lately about how one changes once they become a believer in Jesus. There are those who profess to be believers, but there is no fruit. I fear many who think they are going to heaven, but when they stand before Jesus they will hear, "I never knew you..." This scares me. If the spirit of God dwells in us, how could we not be changed. This does not mean we are perfect, or that some sins may take some time of fighting a battle. But when someone gets saved, God goes to work molding this person into the image of the Son of God. We are changed from the inside. I have people in my family who believe they are going to heaven, but they live a life far from the Lord.
    May you have a blessed Easter,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ken,
      I totally agree with you here. When you meet the Spirit of God He changes you and there is no going back to who you were. How can you? Once you belong to Father, nothing can take you away from Him unless you really never belonged in the first place.

      Paul puts it best in Roman 7:14-20 14 For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am of flesh, sold into bondage to sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand; for I am not practicing what I would like to do, but I am doing the very thing I hate. 16 But if I do the very thing I do not want to do, I agree with the Law, confessing that the Law is good. 17 So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me. 18 For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. 19 For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. 20 But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me.

      I too have family members who profess Christianity but are not in an active relationship with Jesus, from as far as I can tell. It is so heartbreaking. All we can do is pray for them and continue to be salt and light to them. Jesus is the perfect Judge and He knows their heart condition.

      Thanks for visiting. Blessings brother.
      <><

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><