Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 11 L.O.V.E. Challenge -Something Special-

We are getting closer to V Day! Ok, so Summer's instructions for today are....

"Post a picture of something you did that was really special for someone you LOVE during this MONTH or any month!!"

A little history first!! My family and I are not huge on giving tons of presents or doing big social things on special days as we believe every day is special. So for birthdays we don't have a big celebration but we do something with the whole family. When the kids were small we did little hikes and spent quality family time together. Now that the kids are in their teens we decided to do some major hiking. We tackled the hike to the glaciers on Joffery Lakes by Pemberton BC. Stunning, yet an easy hike. Later in the summer we hiked Mt. Begbie and Mt. Revelstoke. These are more challenging hikes but not very stunning until you reach the top, which of course I have no pictures for! :( I love to hike and when you combine it with glorifying God the experience is exhilarating.

Glacier in Joffre Lakes

Joffre Lakes Provincial Park

Joffre Lakes

Glacier Mountain that feeds Joffre Lakes
Hiking up the mountain















This was an amazing family time together to the point that my son wants to lean how to scale a mountain so we can make the complete hike up Mt. Begbie which requires an extreme 3hr hike up and then 2 hrs of face climbing. I am not sure that I am that brave but who knows if the wrists and toes are better by the early summer time I may just be posting some pics from hanging off the side of a cliff!!!!     

Song of Solomon 2:13-14 NIV
  The fig tree forms its early fruit;
   the blossoming vines spread their fragrance.
Arise, come, my darling;
   my beautiful one, come with me.”
  My dove in the clefts of the rock,
   in the hiding places on the mountainside,
show me your face,
   let me hear your voice;
for your voice is sweet,
   and your face is lovely. 
            
<><

12 comments:

  1. SO beautiful!!!! I had to look up Joffre Lakes...in BC, Canada!!! I always loved BC! I've been across Canada a couple of times in the fall, and my favorite drive was through the Canadian Rockies in between BC and Alberta! We would stop at Lake Louise for Pictures...in fact, I have one somewhere of me standing by the lake. It was gorgeous!!! Breathtaking! One day I would LOVE to take a vacation there in the winter time and sit in front of the fire at that hotel there and sip hot chocolate! I so love Canada...All Dressed Chips, Tim Horton's...wonderful people...saskatoon berry pie...YUM! :) You and Vilisi have churned up some great memories with your Canadian adventures!

    Blessings to you and your family! Perhaps one day soon you will conquer that mountain!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family never did anything big for b-days either. But those are really the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this POST!! Check out those pictures beautiful!! Hiking how fun and that view amazing!! What a great gift to give your family!!

    Thanks so much for playing along!!

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kimberly,
    Driving across Canada in the fall time is so beautiful. Lake Louise is a wonderful spot but can be very busy.
    I love All Dressed Chips and Timmy's!! I love Tim Horton's so much that I buy their coffee and have it every morning. We also have tons of Saskatoon's growing wild on our property makes really nummy jam too.


    Hi Kaboom,
    My husband comes from a very large family and birthdays just were not a big deal so the tradition carried on in our family and it is fine because we make every day special and birdthday's very family oriented.

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Summer,
    It was a great hike and a spectacular view but I must say that by the time we made it down the mountain my wrists and feet were pretty swollen. Not sure if it was the elevation change. But it was well worth the swelling and pain!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Child of God -

    I am struck, in particular, by the center photo and the Glacier one.

    Thank you for sharing this piece and those splendid photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandra,
    It was a very stunning view and walk. Big huge bolders to climb over, rickety bridges to cross and a never ending feeling of ascending. One of the neat things was the fresh glacier water that was safe to drink. Delish!

    <><

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Child of God...this is impressive.I'm not a hiking enthusiast I'm afraid but I admire anyone that is!
    One Canadian hiking experience I remember well was with two other friends. We carried a picnic basket(of all things!) up a mountain in Fort St James but had to stop three quarters of the way up because it began to snow.(It was summer, I think) We weren't about to carry the contents of the basket all the way down again so we
    sat down in the snow and ate most of it. I was so tired I didn't care where I sat! ha ha. The way down was so steep, my knees & legs were shaking so much. I never thought going down a mountain could be so hard! lol! And there just seemed to be more tree roots, logs, and saplings to stumble over on the way down compared to up. And of course we had the picnic hamper - what were we thinking! lol! Such novices that we were.
    It was bliss to finally get home and sit by the fire and sip hot chocolate. :)

    God bless you and your family with divine health and more fantastic hikes. :)
    vilisi

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are absolutely breathtaking! And God's Word here is brilliant! Thank you for sharing!

    God Bless,

    Lon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vilisi,
    Going down a mountain is hard! I think it is harder than going up. Toes, knees, hips and back hurts going down a steep mountain.
    Yea for you really getting a BC experience; canoeing, hiking and what else??? I am excited to read more of your adventures.

    Hi Lon,
    It was very breathtaking and a whole lot of fun! This verse really does fit in with this post. Thanks to our God for leading me to it!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the outdoors and the amazing beauty of nature from God's creation. My dad took me and taught me the joy of a panaramic view when I was just a little guy and I carry this blessing always. Living in the concrete jungle of Anaheim in Southern California, you have to look at the San Gabriel and San Gregorio mountain range behind us on a clear day, or just take a close look at the life around ... yes, notice the life around us and give thanks. Then, once and a while go hike a mountain to experience God's Country and breathe it all in again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Brian,
    I am so very blessed to live where I do, in the middle of nowhere. How wonderful of your dad to teach you such a lovely lesson at a young age.
    I just love to wander around in the wilderness and really appreciate the beauty of God's creation. He is more than brilliant!

    Blessings,
    <><

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><