Prayer Requests

PRAYER REQUESTS UPDATED 02/28/14

For more prayer request please check out my Facebook page CPREzra823 Intercession

I am honoured to pray for you. If you wish me to add you or someone you know to the prayer list, or if you have a prayer request, please let me know in a comment or email:
cpr{dot}ezra{dot}8{dot}23{at}gmail{dot}com

--February 22 2017--

Friday, March 16, 2012

Christians Have The Spirit of God

Ephesians 1:17-23 NIV
I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

This prayer from Paul is one that we should be praying for each other, that God will give us His Spirit of wisdom and revelation to the children of God. What a powerful prayer indeed, that we would know the power in Jesus that is available to His followers. What blows me away is we are told that this power is the same as that which raised Jesus from the dead and placed Him at the Father's right hand. This power is far above the rule and authority that Satan has here on earth. What did Jesus do with this power? He forgave the sinner who was willing to change their ways and healed them from sickness and demonic possession. How do we go about using this inheritance that is available to us? First, I believe that we need to be not living in sin but repenting and changing our ways. Second, I believe we need to have the concerns of those which belong to our Father; lost souls. Third, we need to preach the Gospel and lead people into repentance and rebuking past sins. Then fourth we pray for physical healing which should come about by faith in Jesus and His healing sacrifice on the cross.

The church is the body of Jesus Christ and we are the completeness of Jesus who seals all. When the body of believers work together under the instructions of Jesus Christ then we are His hands and His feet working to bring lost souls into the family of God by leading them into repentance of the old way of life and into putting on the new way.

1 Corinthians 2:12-14 NIV
What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words. The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

Paul tells us here that Christians have the Spirit of the Living God inside of them, not the spirit of the world which is Satan. We are able to understand what God has given us because of His Spirit living in us. Those who are not believers cannot grasp this at all. To them it is just foolish stories and fairy tales. And so they should think this because God's wisdom is not of the worldly wisdom at all but of a heavenly wisdom, a mystery to those who have not Jesus.

Children of God, you are very special and our Father has gifted each of you with a specific purpose from Him alone. Seek what these gifts are and then use them to glorify His name. I pray Ephesians 1:17-23 along with Paul for you, my brothers and sisters in Christ, that you will understand the power that is available to you in Jesus Christ. I still struggle with this as I cannot wrap my mind around it. But with His help I know He will open it up and revelation will come.




Blessings,
<><

6 comments:

  1. We were just talking about His spirit living in us last night at Life Group. I never dreamed what an awesome thing it is to actually know and feel the Spirit of the Living God inside of me!

    Blessings to you ...Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chelle,
      It is pretty amazing knowing the Creator of all wants to make His dwelling place inside of us. He yearns to have fellowship with us! To talk and communicate with us. Oh how He loves you and me, and this, I believe, is the reason Satan is so mad and jealous. An angel does not have the same fellowship with God that man has.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete
  2. what a great post! i can't imagine my life without GOD in it! When you believe and ask Christ into your heart it is such an amazing gift! I have always been a christian, but sometimes I have not been close to GOD if that makes sense. I can always improve. I know since meeting you I have grown so much closer to the LORD! Kelcee has always been raised knowing Jesus and in the church. During the winter months when I can't go to church for risk of getting sick we teach her at home! She amazes me with all she knows and her go to book is always the toddler bible or Dr. Suess lol! GOD has shown me so many miracles. For instance Sean. When we all opened the prayer page and prayed non stop including you his he miraculously recovered and you can't even tell now that he almost died. He was super close. I also feel the power of prayer everytime I walk in the hospital for treatments and this upcoming surgery etc. I really enjoyed this post! You are awesome!
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer,
      I too haven't always been close to God. Yes, we can always improve every day. :)

      I think you and Greg are fantastic parents, teaching Kelcee about Jesus is the very best gift you can ever give her, a pathway to eternal salvation.

      The miracle that Sean received is AMAZING! I am so glad to hear that he is doing well and not even a trace of evidence of how very sick he was. That is the work of God.

      Cool how you feel the prayers of the people that are lifting you up. I hear this one often, how people being prayed for by many can feel it.

      Hon, you know I am praying and praying for you and will be covering during the time you have this port placed in.

      Thanks girl, I think you too are awesome. Such a very strong, wonderful lady. You encourage many people.

      Love you!
      <><

      Delete
  3. Hi Child of God -

    Thank you.

    This spoke volumes. Yes, GOD alone is our SOURCE - all else is resource...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra,
      God is the source of all, from in Him richness dwells.

      So nice to have your visit and input.

      Blessings,
      <><

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for leaving a comment, it sure does brighten my day. Please remember to keep the comments God honouring and click 'Subscribe by Email' as I always reply to comments.
God Bless,
<><